Thursday, July 24, 2008

Rainbow Chard


Look at the pretty colors!

I somehow never noticed rainbow chard in the stores until I saw an episode of Emeril Green last week. It was a great recipe. The recipe didn't specify the rainbow type, but that's what he had on TV, and there it was in the store, looking so beautiful and costing no more than regular red chard.

I've never used Swiss chard stems before, so this was two firsts for me. I think I had mixed them up in my mind with rhubarb. Is it that the leaves of rhubarb are poisonous? But I mixed it up and every time I had chard, I was thinking it was the stems of the chard.

It was so pretty, I almost hated to cut it up, but I did. That will be my next recipe entry.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben, I can't wait to get this recipe up, but I had to put the post on hold for a day or two. But it's a really good recipe for experimenting. I'll have it up by the end of the week (my variation of it).

Elle said...

It's gorgeous, isn't it? I've never had it, either. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Talulah said...

I had never heard of rainbow chard until today. Someone gave me a few bundles and I was looking online for something to do with it. It IS pretty. I'm thinking of making a soup with it.